We are delighted to announce Built Environs has been awarded the design and construction contract to undertake the Fawkner Leisure Centre Redevelopment project for Merri-bek City Council.
This exciting project will be more accessible and environmentally friendly and will provide the community with increased options for all ages and abilities to participate in a healthy and active lifestyle.
The new centre will include:
- a new outdoor 50m pool
- a water play pool and associated landscape works
- a new sauna, steam room and spa as well as pool plant infrastructure
- an extension of the gym, new program space and a cycle studio
- an updated foyer, reception and café lounge area
- an all-electric site, aligning with Council’s zero carbon objectives service
Works commence on site in April 2023 with the new centre scheduled open for the 2024/25 summer season.