Design and Construct
Merri-bek City Council
Delivering a vibrant leisure destination for the community
The new Fawkner Leisure Centre will be more accessible and environmentally friendly, with improved options for all ages and abilities to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
Features include a new 50m outdoor pool, water play pool, sauna, spa and steam room, gym extension including new program and group fitness spaces and cycle studio, new foyer, reception and café lounge area as well as landscaped outdoor seating and social areas.
Merri-bek City Council undertook extensive consultation with the local community to ensure their feedback is represented in the final design.
Works commenced in April 2023, with the centre scheduled to open in 2024/25.
- 50m outdoor pool and water play pool
- Sauna, steam room and spa
- Gym extension and cycle studio,
- Updated foyer, reception and café area
- All-electric site to meet Council's zero carbon objectives